An Interview: A Dozen Flavours of Gelato with Laura Fantacci of Wardrobe Icons
- 'A Dozen Flavours of Gelato' -
It’s time for our first installment of A Dozen Flavours of Gelato in 2018! I’m so incredibly excited about this one (but aren’t I for all of them?!) because we are launching the year with a proper Italian! Her name is Laura Fantacci and she’s as amazing as she is stylish.
I first met Laura about five years and have always been envious of her Italian roots and flawless fashion. I can honestly say she is easily one of the most stylish women I have ever met. Whether she’s wearing something from Dolce & Gabbana or a beach vendor in Sicily, her look is always perfection.
As the co-founder of the online magazine Wardrobe Icons, blogger at Wearing it Today, jewellery designer and mum to two adorable little girls, Laura does it all. This is why I knew I had to feature her on this series. Thank you so much for squeezing us in to your busy schedule, Laura!
- What’s your Gelato flavour?
BUONTALENTI. It’s a combination between vanilla and clotted cream—only to be found in a gelateria in Florence called Badiani. They opened a branch in London last year.
- Your first coffee of the day is a …
Very milky, very strong English breakfast tea. Strictly no sugar.
- Fondest Italian lunch memory?
Most definitely Da Adolfo in the Amalfi Coast.
- Favourite Italian brand?
Dolce & Gabbana
- Do you use any Italian words or phrases regularly?
“Allora” which hasn’t got a translation but sort of means “right / to sum up”.
- First Italian icon that comes to mind…
Dolce & Gabbana
- Favourite Italian island?
- What’s your go to Instagram account for Italian inspiration?
My own #WITholiday
- Where is your favourite place to watch the sunset in Italy?
From my mother’s kitchen overlooking the Florence Duomo.
- When in Italy your Aperitif is…
- Please tell us the one place you’ve never been in Italy but long to go...
Probably exploring Puglia a little more.
- Favourite movie with an Italian connection?
‘Come te nessuno mai’ by Gabriele Muccino. My husband was in it when he was a teenager!